Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rain....Rain....Go Away!


The weather here this last week has been crazy! It was beautiful at the end of last week, the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. It seemed like spring was right around the corner.  And than low and behold it snowed here on Monday.  Yes...I said that correctly, it snowed!  It was a mix of snow and rain so it was really to wet to stick to the roads or the grass, which is a good thing because I am so over winter.  And now today, it's rainy and gloomy out!  This weather is driving me crazy.  

Other than the crazy weather we have been having our lives have been pretty low key.  Work and school seem like the never ending story of both our lives.   Luckily the school part is just about done and over with for Brandon. I have diligently been collecting boxes and storing them in our sun room so we have plenty of boxes for when we move. Lets just say our sun room has now become a storage room and it's only going to get worse from here on out.   


My Grandpa and Grandma Pike are coming out here the end of April / early May to visit!  I am so excited and can hardly wait.  They are taking a 3week road trip and driving out this way.  They are first going stop is in Pennsylvania to see their friends Matt and Diane. They are on no time schedule and are going to take their time on the road.  They plan on stopping to see Niagara Falls, Washington DC and then head on to North Carolina!   I can't wait to show them where I have been living for the last 2 years.  The nice thing about them driving out this way is I'm going to send them home with a bunch of packed boxes so it's less stuff to pack into the u-haul and worry about. Grandpa doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to put him to work while he is here, haha!  I'm also hoping that maybe we can go to a Winston-Salem Dash minor league baseball game while they are here visiting.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I find time between my crazy work schedule and all the shenanigans of packing. 

The diet has been going well.  Brandon and I treated ourselves yesterday and went out for a late lunch / early dinner!  He has been pretty strict with the diet.  I have not been as strict as him, but I have definitely been a lot better with my carb intake.  I have not had any types of pastas,  potatoes or breads the last week and a half.  It's been tough, but I have found a few things that are low in carbs that have helped me curve my cravings for the things I love. 

I found these tortillas that are low in carb.  They only have 5g of carbs per tortilla and have totally saved me from wanting any type of bread, and they actually taste really good too!

Going without any type of ice cream on this diet has been difficult for me.  I LOVE my ice cream more than anything.  I was lucky enough to find a low carb ice cream made by Breyers!  Now that I have found a couple of my favorite things with a lower carb count, I think I just may survive this diet for a little bit longer, haha!



As I logged onto my blog I notice and thought about the name of my blog, "west coast girls living in a southern world" and realized that I'm going to have to change the name of this blog come the month of May.  I don't have any ideas for new blog names so I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with.  If any of you have any good ideas please share.  I can always use the help and input.  Happy Wednesday.


Weekly joke:  Three women go to Mexico

Three women go down to Mexico one night to celebrate college graduation.


Apparently someone slipped something into their drinks, and they woke up in jail, only to find that they are to be executed in the morning, though none of them can remember what they did the night before.

The first one, a redhead, is strapped in the electric chair and is asked if she has any last words. She says, 'I just graduated from Trinity Bible College and believe in the Almighty power of God to intervene on the behalf of the innocent.'

They throw the switch and nothing happens. They all immediately fall to the floor on their knees, beg for forgiveness, and release her.

The second one, a brunette, is strapped in and gives her last words... 'I just graduated from the Harvard School of Law and I believe in the power of justice to intervene on the part of the innocent.'

They throw the switch and again, nothing happens. Again they all immediately fall to their knees, beg for forgiveness and release her.

The last one, you knew it would be, a blonde, is strapped in and says, 'Well, I'm from Georgia Tech and just graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering, and I'll tell ya right now, y'all ain't gonna electrocute nobody if you don't plug this thing in.