Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March Madness

        Were going to March Madness!!!  Brandon and I are very lucky and fortunate enough to be able to go to the UW vs. Georgia game on Friday night (they are playing in Charlotte, NC which is just an 1hour 45min drive from where we live.)  We are sooo excited and can't wait to get decked out in our purple and gold and cheer on the huskies!  The tickets we purchased also allow us to see the Carolina vs. Long Island game which is at 7pm and than the huskies play around 9pm.  This is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Not many people can say that they get to go to any NCAA tournament games.  I'll make sure to take lots of pictures to share with everyone.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that UW wins and don't forget to watch the game on Friday night, you just may see us on TV, haha!


     Things are finally starting to get back to normal now that Brandon's spring break is over, our company has left and I'm back to work.  It was so nice to have a week off and I'm already ready for another vacation (although I don't think that will happen anytime soon.) 

    It's official and we are now telling everyone that we are moving back to Washington!  I went into work mid-last week and let the bosses/owners of where I work know that I'll be leaving in May and my last day will be the 13th of May.  They were definitely bummed but they understand that we have to do whats best for us.  I'm excited to move home and be closer to family and friends but sad that I have to leave such a great job that I really enjoy.  It will for sure be a lot easier to plan the wedding being back home.  Can't wait to start more of the planning process. And actually feel like I'm getting stuff accomplished with the wedding.

    Things have just been pretty low key around our house with Brandon getting back into the swing of things with school after spring break. He is finally on the home stretch and will be done before we know it.  I'm slowly starting to get rid of old crap that we don't need anymore so it's not extra stuff to pack and move. Moving is definitely one thing that I don't enjoy at all and truly hate with a passion.  Especially since this is not an easy move and involves a lot of work and traveling.  Brandon's dad is renting a Uhaul truck and him and his dad will be driving that back across with all our stuff and Holly is flying out here and will be driving back with me in my car.  I am so happy that I have a traveling buddy!  It will make the road trip so much more enjoyable.  Holly flies into Charlotte on Sunday, May 15th. Brandon graduates Monday the 16th and then we will be hitting the road back to Washington on Tuesday the 17th.  It will be a busy weekend and week full of packing and traveling and I just may need a mini-vacation after this is all done.  

    Here are a few more pictures from our Charleston vacation and stay tuned next week for pictures from the UW game on Friday!   

Alyse and I on the beach!


Atlantic Ocean


Group shot on the beach!



I think this is the Cooper River Bridge


These little salamander/gecko's were everywhere


They did a lot of bonding over the weekend, haha!


Here is a joke to wrap up my blog.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week.


The Holy Land Visit

A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While

they were there, the wife passed away. The undertaker told the

husband,

"You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here,

in the Holy Land, for $150." The man thought about it and told him he

would just have her shipped home.


The undertaker asked, "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife

home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would

spend only $150?"


The man replied, "Long Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and

three days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance."