Tuesday, March 22, 2011

D....I....E....T


Every time I hear the word Diet I cringe.  Mainly because I love my sweets (especially ice cream) and I like being able to eat what I want with no restrictions.  I have decided to attack my fear and the difficult task of going on a diet.  Brandon and I both started our diet yesterday.  The diet consist of no carbs and no sugars (this includes no fruit as well or wine, oh shit!!), just protein (lots of meat and eggs) and lots of veggies.  I knew this was going to be difficult for me since I love my pastas, potato's, and breads.  But day one (yesterday) was a success and today I'm going strong.  Yesterday being the first day was difficult for me.  Today it seems a lot easier, although I would give anything right now for an ice cream sundae or smoothie, haha! 

My eating habits have become really bad and I finally decided that I needed to do something about it.  After our trip to Charleston I ate and drank way too much and seriously probably gained 5lbs, haha! Call me crazy but my goal is to drop about 10lbs, although I would be over the moon happy if I could lose 15lbs, but I have to take one step at a time and be happy with whatever weight I lose.  So wish me luck and make sure you eat a piece of cake and some ice cream for me since I can't. 


On another note...I have failed miserably and took NO pictures of the UW basketball game on Friday against Georgia.  We were so busy having a good time and cheering that I totally forgot about taking pictures.  We had a blast and it was such a good game and was way too close at the end that I thought I was going to have a heart attack.  So glad they won, just wish they could of pulled off an upset against UNC on Sunday!  Maybe next year.

Not much of anything else has been going on in our crazy lives.  Just the same ol' same ol' as usual.  The weather here has been amazing.  Without a doubt one thing I'm going to miss about North Carolina is the great weather and warm summers.  It was 82* today and its suppose to be 81* tomorrow.  Sure can't complain about that.  I'll enjoy the sunshine for everyone back home while you enjoy the sweets and I'll keep everyone posted on my diet adventure.  

Happy Tuesday....and here is my weekly blog joke (hope it does not offend anyone, but it's just too funny not to share!) At least I pre-warned you, haha


The Disabled Parrot 
 
 Dave is browsing in a pet shop
and sees a parrot sitting on a little perch.
It doesn't have any feet or legs.

"jeeps," he wonders aloud.
"whatever happened to this parrot?"

The parrots says, "I was born this way.
I'm a defective parrot."

"Sheesh" Dave replies. "You actually
answered me! Oh boy!"

Of Course. I happen to be a
highly intelligent bird and thoroughly
educated as well."

"Oh Yeah? Than how do you hang onto your perch
without any feet?"

"This is so embarrasing" the parrots says, "but since you asked,
I wrap my weenie around the wooden bar like a little hook.
You can't see it because of my feathers."

"Wow" says Dave.  "You really can understand
and speak English can't you?"

"Actually I speak both Spanish and English,
I listen to the radio and can converse
on almost any topic.
You really should buy me
I'd be a great companion."

Dave looks at the price tag $2000
and knew he couldn't afford that, but the
parrots says "I'm defective, no one wants me,
so offer $20.  Dave did and was delighted to
walk out with the parrot.

Weeks go by. The parrot is sensational,
he has a great sense of humor,
he's interesting, insighful and a
great pal.

 



 
 
Dave comes home form work one night
and the parrots whispers in his ear.

I don't know if I should tell you this, it's
about your wife and the postman.

"What the heck are you talking about?"
demands Dave.

"When the postman delivered the mail today,
your wife greeted him at the door in
her best sexy nightie."

"WHAT ???" Dave asks,
"Then what happened?" 

"Well, then the postman came right
into the house, lifted up her nightie
and began petting her all over," reported
the parrot.

"NO!" Dave exclaims. "And she let him?"

"Yes.  The he continued taking off her nightie,
got down on his knees and began to
kiss her all over..." 

Dave, the poor frantic guy demands,
"THEN WHAT HAPPENED?"

 "Damned if I know. I got a hard on
and fell off my perch!"