Monday, April 4, 2011

Job Searchin'


   I have started the ever so dreadful job search.  I am truly not a fan of searching for a job.  It's a lot of work and can be somewhat discouraging at times.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something will pull through that way I have a job for when we get back to Washington.  It would be nice to be able to just live a "free bird" lifestyle for awhile and enjoy my family and friends for awhile, but unfortunately I am not a millionaire and can't afford to be a free bird, cause the bills don't stop coming in, haha!  If I happen to strike it rich here though in the next month or so that may all change. 

   I am keeping my options open with job searching.  I have applied for places in the Whatcom County area as well as in the Seattle area.  I have sent in my resume to almost every bank that is out there as well as Seattle Children's hospital, Swedish Medical Center and Virginia Mason.  I am really keeping my fingers crossed and saying a little prayer every night that one of the hospital jobs happens to fall into my lap. 


   42 days from today Brandon and I will be Washington bound!  It's hard to believe that it's only 42 days away.  With that being said it's time that I get my butt in gear and start slowly packing up stuff and cleaning house. I dread the thought of having to move, clean and drive cross country but I know in the end I will be a lot happier being back closer to my family and friends.  It will be nice to be able to spend all the holidays with our families and finally get to eat some awesome home cooked meals, especially Thanksgiving.  I have enjoyed cooking my own turkey the last couple of Thanksgivings but it definitely does not taste as good as when someone else does it. 



I just happen to be searching google images and came across this picture of a Grandpa holding a cooked turkey.  This must be a sign, haha! 

   I have a feeling these next 6 months or so are going to be crazy busy for us.   Brandon finishing school, taking the bar exam and continueing his job search and hopefully finding something(keep your fingers crossed). At the moment we are both not really sure where we will be living!  I guess you could say we are just going with the flow of things.  We really won't know until Brandon finds a job somewhere.  It seems kind of pointless at this moment to rent an apartment somewhere and sign a lease when we are not sure where his job will be.  Hopefully everything will fall into place easily so we can get a place of our own.  It's going to be hard going from living together, having our own place and own space to going back and living with family for awhile till we figure everything out.  I am so grateful though for our families and that we have a place to stay.  I'm sure though that this is not an ideal situation for them either though to have their children/grandchildren living with them again, haha!


   Dallas and Tiffany are expecting a little one in October so I'll be an Auntie for the first time.  I am soooo excited for them and can hardly wait to spoil a little one thats not my own and get my baby fix.  Dylon left for the National Guard yesterday (Sunday 3rd) for basic training in Missouri for 4 months.  Life is crazy and hectic and lots of changes are taking place.  All good changes though!  Can't wait to see what the next 6 months ahead bring. 




When Grandma Goes To Court




Lawyers should never ask a Mississippi grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.
In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't t he brains to realize you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'
The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'
She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'
The defense attorney nearly died
The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, 'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.'