Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tape, Boxes and Bubble Wrap.....O' MY!


Packing has officially begun at our house.  I would like to think that I have accomplished a lot in the last week, but let me tell ya.....packing is so time consuming and between Brandon and I we both have definitely accumulated a lot of junk!  I will for sure be paying the goodwill quite a few visits until we are completely packed.  I am trying to be as organized as possible with packing and I'm actually labeling all the boxes so we know what is in them.  I'm hoping this will make the unpacking process a lot easier when it comes to that time.  Our house looks like a disaster and there is stuff everywhere.  Boxes, tape, markers, and bubble wrap. Nothing is in the right place anymore and it's driving me crazy, but I'm just going to have to live with the fact that my house is going to be unorganized and an ultimate cluster from here on out until we are completely moved. 

Here are a few pictures of the packing progress I have made so far, just don't judge my messy house.





 As you can tell by the order of the pictures I am slowly but surely making progress. 
  



I started packing today with only 2 boxes packed and I am done for the night and have a total of 9!
 
Definitely does not look like a lot of boxes but it definitely took me a long time to get those 9 boxes packed.


I've been keeping busy around the house with packing and Brandon is in study mode for finals. 
Work has also been keeping me busy.  We recently just let someone go at the front desk so we are down another employee and we just hired the new manager that will be taking my position.  I've been putting in a lot of hours to cover the front desk since we are short staffed now and to train the new manager.  I'm going to need a mini-vacation after all this is said and done, haha!

Stay tuned for more packing progress and pictures....like I said before, just don't judge my messy house.




40 years of marriage.....
A married couple in their early 60s are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.

She said, 'For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.'
The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband

The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.



The husband thought for a moment: 'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.

The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!...

The husband became 92 years old.


The moral of this story:

Men who are ungrateful bastards should remember fairies are female.....