Sunday, January 11, 2009

Getting Settled In

After 5 days on the road and 4 nights in motels, Brandon and I finally arrived home in Winston-Salem, NC on Wed the 7th around 5pm. It was a l...o...n....g 5 days on the road but our travels went very smooth so we have much of no complaints! We were origianally planning on taking I-40 all the way across which cuts through Flagstaff, AZ and Albaquerque, NM but with Flagstaff getting snow we thought it would be better to cut down further south and take I-10 through those few states.

I can now truly say after traveling through quit a few states tat i would never want to find myself living in New Mexico, Texas, West Oklahoma and Arkansas. What is known as mountains to people in those states seem more like hills to us being from the great Northwest! Since we made good timing with the drive back to North Carolina, Brandon and I were able to spend a whole day in Memphis, TN! I think we were both happy to be able to have some fun time since we were spending most of our days driving and annoying eachother in a car. Memphis, TN is amazing! We did some sight seeing, walked down Beale street which is known for the great live music and delicious BBQ food and than later that night we went to a Memphis Grizzlies game. We were hoping we could go to Graceland and see Elvis' house but there was just so much to do and not enough time!

We are both happy be in North Carolina and not on the road anymore! Brandon starts school again on Monday and keeps saying how much he isnt ready to go back. He got his grades from last semester and did AMAZING!! He stayed in the top 2/3rds percent of his class and is very happy that all his hard work is paying off. I on the other hand am starting the great job search monday as well as spending a lot of time at the DMV on monday with getting my car licensed and registered in the state of NC as well as getting a NC drivers license, which means....i have to take a written drivers test, YIKES!!! I'll keep you posted on how that written drivers test goes :)

I don't know about Brandon, but I am more than ready to already have family and friends visit. So if anyone wants to get away and come to the South East, our door is always open :)