Monday, February 21, 2011

Party on the moon!


This weekend Brandon and I had the privilege of going to see an amazing cover band called, Party on the moon!  They were absolutely amazing!  They played everything from Bruce Springsteen, Guns and Roses, Prince to more current music like Black Eyed Peas, Usher and Lady Gaga.  It was probably the best cover band I have ever heard.  They have played for people like Donald Trump and his New Year's Eve Party's and they even played at Eli Manning's wedding.  That just tells you how good this group is and how NOT cheap they are to book for your event.  It was a $10 cover per person to see them, and it was well worth every dollar.   They played for 3 hours non-stop with out taking a break.  How those ladies can sing and dance that long without taking a break and still sound amazing at the end is just crazy.  If I am ever in the area of where they are playing again I'm going to definitely go see them again.  If I had an endless amount of money I would book them to play at my wedding in a heartbeat, haha!

This weekend was pretty low key for us else wise.  Saturday afternoon Brandon and I went to town to do a little bit of shopping and pick up some stuff that we needed before Beau and Alyse get here next week.  I am totally ready for my week of vacation.  Work is burning me out and I need a break from all the chaos. 

I am going to try to blog at least once a week.  I figured if i blog once a week I'll have lots of more fun and exciting stuff to share with everybody.  So Mondays will be my blogging day so make sure you check back every Monday for a new post.  If I don't post it Monday I'll try to post it on Tuesday. 

Brandon's graduation is approaching rapidly and again I can't tell you how fast these last 2 years have gone since I have been here.  I can't believe I have only been living here now for just over 2 years.  I feel like I have been here for so much longer than that.  Brandon graduates on Monday, May 16th at 9:30 in the morning.  I'm hoping for sunshine that day since it's suppose to be outside.  Brandon's parents are coming of course as well as his brother.  His Grandma Marilyn (his dad's mom), Grandpa Joe and Kathy (his mom's dad and wife) and maybe his Aunt Lisa and Melissa (we are keeping our fingers crossed they can come).  We are looking forward to every ones company and being able to show them a little bit of North Carolina.  That will for sure be a busy weekend and week with lots of company and festivities. 

As I leave this blog let me leave you with another nightly joke.  I figured it's a good way to end my blogs and leave you with a bit of laughter! 

Smartest Man in the World

A doctor, a lawyer, a little boy and a priest were out for a Sunday afternoon flight on a small private plane. Suddenly, the plane developed engine trouble.
In spite of the best efforts of the pilot, the plane started to go down. Finally, the pilot grabbed a parachute, yelled to the passengers that they had better jump, and bailed out.

Unfortunately, there were only three parachutes remaining.

The doctor grabbed one and said "I'm a doctor, I save lives, so I must live," and jumped out.

The lawyer then said, "I'm a lawyer and lawyers are the smartest people in the world. I deserve to live."

He also grabbed a parachute and jumped.

The priest looked at the little boy and said, "My son, I've lived a long and full life. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Take the last parachute and live in peace."


The little boy handed the parachute back to the priest and said, "Not to worry, Father. The 'smartest man in the world' just took off with my back pack."