Thursday, February 17, 2011

Charleston, SC bound!



So here goes consecutive day #2 of my blog.  I think for the first while I'll be able to keep up to date with the blogging. I just hope that I don't forget about it or become too lazy to take the time to keep up with it.

So as some of you know and others of you don't, Brandon's really good friend from high school Beau, (he is the best man in our wedding) and his wife Alyse are coming out to visit us the beginning of March.  We are both very excited to have great friends out here to visit and take time away from school and work to just enjoy a week or relaxation and great adventures.  They fly into Charlotte, NC on Thursday the 3rd.  Unfortunately Brandon has a final that night so he won't be able to accompany on the 1 1/2 hour drive to get them, but at least I'll have great company for the car ride home.   The next day, Friday the 4th we are leaving for Charleston, SC for the weekend.  It's about a 5 1/2 hour drive.  Brandon and I have said many times that we want to go to Charleston before we ever move from here.  We have always talked about it but have never had the money or the time to do so, but its not turning back now.  The hotel is booked and paid for and we are more than ready for March to be here.

Here is a picture of the hotel that we will be staying at.  It's located in Isle of the Palms, SC which is just a short 25 min drive from downtown historic Charleston and the hotel is located right on the Atlantic ocean.  The pictures from the website look amazing and I'm sure its more beautiful in person.

We don't really have any other definite plans set for when Beau and Alyse are here visiting, but I'm sure we won't have any trouble finding things to keep them entertained.  I'll make sure I take lots and lots of pictures of your mini getaway to share with you all. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates while they are here and that it does not rain.  According to the weather man, it's suppose to be 73* tomorrow!  I'm really hoping the weather man does not let me down with the wonderful weather we are suppose to have this weekend.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a sign of great weather to come.  I am more than ready for summer to get here.  

Before I end my nightly blog I just wanted to share a funny joke I came across.  It's called "DUI  - Southern Style." Enjoy a little dose of some laughter tonight!



DUI - SOUTHERN STYLE

(Only people from
North Carolina could think of this. From the county
where driving while under the influence is considered a sport, comes
this true story.)

Recently a routine police patrol was parked outside a bar in
Kinston,
North Carolina.  After last call, the officer noticed a man leaving the
bar so apparently intoxicated that he could barely walk.  The man
stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer
quietly observing.

After what seemed an eternity, in which he tried his keys on five
different vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall into it. 
He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the
bar and drove off.  Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on
and off; it was a fine, dry summer night, flicked the blinkers on and
off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights.
He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little, and then
remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other
patrons' vehicles left.

At last, when his was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled
out and drove slowly down the road.

The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started
up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the
man over and administered a breathalyzer test.

To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man
had consumed any alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said, 'I'll
have to ask you to accompany me to the police station.  This
breathalyzer equipment must be broken.'

'I doubt it,' said the truly proud Redneck. 'Tonight I'm the designated
decoy